17 Jan Five Must-Have Event and Hotel Sales Ideas to Reignite Your Team in 2023
Who doesn’t want some tasty hotel sales ideas to kickstart the year, now that the triumphs of last Christmas are wearing as thin as twelfth night tinsel?
The thing is, even if you had a blockbusting 2022, now isn’t the time to rest on your laurels. There’s still political unease, out-of-control energy prices, inflation, recession, supply chain issues, staff and skills shortages casting shadows over the year ahead.
So, it’s always smarter to be forearmed. And here are five of our favourite event and hotel sales ideas to ensure your inbox is bursting in Quarter 1 and beyond…
Powerful Event and Hotel Sales Ideas to Tweak and Implement Today!
1) Get Last Year’s Bookers Bouncing Back – Failproof hotel sales ideas don’t get simpler or more effective than reconnecting with last year’s corporate bookers. It’s a plum opportunity to wish them a happy new year and to fill your diary with lunch appointments and coffee catch-ups. What better way to find out about their MICE plans for the year ahead and how you can save them the effort of looking at other venue options?
2) Convert Your Christmas Bookers to Gifts that Keep on Giving – They came, they saw, they partied in December! But, what other events do they plan during the rest of the year? What’s more, do they know about all the different ways your facilities are for life, not just for Christmas? Even if the party booker themselves isn’t involved with venues, they might be able to open the door for you to the correct contact.
3) Craft Value Rich Seasonal Offers – Offering one-time-only deals during low season has always been one of the most wildly popular event and hotel sales ideas. But don’t forget that all your competitors are doing the same thing. Can you come up with something quirky to stand out from the crowd? Something that genuinely represents fantastic value, but sets you up nicely for repeat business later in the year?
4) Level Up on LinkedIn – Make it your new year’s resolution to search and connect with 10 new prospects every day on LinkedIn. And pre-plan a monthly content calendar to help you post consistently and intentionally. A well-reputed course is well worth investing in if LinkedIn is really outside your comfort zone. Because you absolutely can expand your network and generate business on LinkedIn if you commit to it.
5) Let Social Proof do the Shameless Bragging for You – Gather up any unused testimonials you’ve got lying around and sprinkle them like magic dust across your website. And take this as your prompt to get better at asking for testimonials, on LinkedIn, and also your Google Business Profile (which gives your SEO a welcome boost, too!). Remove any effort for your clients by providing them with a clickable link straight to your review sections. You can even get creative and pop it in your email signature and on your invoices.
At Selling Savvy, we’re chock-full 365 days of the year with actionable event and hotel sales ideas that you can tweak and implement straight away.
Get in touch at email@example.com if you’re keen to reinvigorate your sales team ready for 2023. We can’t wait to chat with you about tailored training solutions that are aligned with your current sales team and your overall business objectives.