13 Jun How do reviews fit in to the customer journey?
Reviews are a major part of the customer journey because they appear at the very beginning of the customer journey, and also at the very end.
Over 90% of consumers refer to review sites to help them make an informed purchasing decision. Was the hotel clean? How friendly and efficient were the staff? Are the rooms comfortable? Was the food good? Do they reply to their reviews?
Here are the top 5 reasons why people read reviews:
- Attests to a company’s reliability
- Gives confidence when making a purchase
- Makes it easier for shoppers to decide
- Indicates what is the best and worst that can happen
- Gives insight into the quality of a product/service
And once the guest has checked out, at the end of their journey, they can post a review advising the world of their experience.
Here are the top 5 reasons why people post reviews:
- As a warning
- To help others make better buying decisions
- To say thank you and show appreciation
- To feel heard
- To help a property improve
Responding to reviews shows that you care about your guests’ feedback but also increases your revenue, SEO, customer retention and ranking. It also helps protect your brand and can aid in customer acquisition.
For more information on how to turn your reviews into revenue, please contact me at email@example.com
Do you want to learn more about how to improve your customer journey? Take a look at how we can help here!